User Role Editor Pro v4.28.2 – Edit User Roles Easily – Are you satisfied with standard WordPress roles list or user capabilities distribution among them? Do you wish to change something in the users rights and permissions system?
User Role Editor WordPress plugin will help you. Edit any existing role, create new one, fill selected role with capabilities which you need. Assign new created roles or capabilities directly to the user.
User Role Editor Pro v4.28.2 features
Why go Pro? Pro version offers extended functionality. It is advertisement free. Buy Pro version and join
to the 1286 active subscribers. Look on the Pro version additional features list and take right effective decision:
Content edit access restriction features:
v4.28.2 - 16.09
* Core version: 4.27.2
* Fix : PHP notices was removed: Undefined index: “some-index” in …/pro/includes/classes/admin-menu-access.php on line 204
* Fix: PHP notice was removed: Undefined property: URE_Role_View::$multisite in wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor/includes/classes/view.php on line 143
* Fix: WordPress multisite: Settings link under the URE plugin at the plugins list leads to the network admin now, not to the the single site settings page, which does not exist.
* Fix: WordPress multisite: conflict with “Visual Composer” plugin was resolved: single site administrators could now use Visual Composer editor.
* Fix: WordPress multisite: changed role name was not replicated to other sites when user clicked “Update” with “Apply to All Sites” option turned ON.
* Fix: Admin menu access add-on: allowed command arguments array was returned by reference incorrectly - URE_Admin_Menu_URL_Allowed_Args::get_for_supported_plugins() line 30.
* Update: There was a conflict with plugins which use a ‘|’ character at the custom user capabilities: e.g. ‘Nginx Helper | Config’ from “Nginx Helper’ plugin.
* Update: Admin menu access add-on:
- Available submenu item is shown for role now even if top level menu is not available for that role. For example Settings menu item protected by ‘edit_posts’ capability will be shown as available for blocking for ‘author’ role in spite of this role does not have ‘manage_options’ capability.
- URE takes into account that “WCMp Commissions” menu from “WC Marketplace” plugin may be added as to “WooCommerce” menu, as a top level menu item.
- Some plugins build menu structure incorrectly and its menu item protected by non-grunted capabilities may stay available to the user.
URE duplicates menu item access checking after “admin_menu” action for the most of plugins was executed (at very low priority).
- menu separators checking was moved to the separate static method;
- support was added for additional URL parameters which WordPress uses with ‘edit.php’, e.g.: trashed, untrashed, deleted, ids.
- support was added for additional URL parameters from plugins: Ninja Forms, EventON.
* Update: Posts edit restrictions add-on: URE does no replace posts statuses views (All, Mine, Published etc.) for the restricted user. It just refreshes the quant of posts for every status view.
* Update: Content edit restrictions: Shortcode [user_role_editor] supports ‘role’ and ‘except_role’ attributes in addition to the ‘roles’ and ‘except_roles’. So use that is more convenient for you.
* Update: Information about compatibility with WordPress version is shown correctly at “Dashboard->Updates” page.
Features User Role Editor Pro v4.28.2 – Edit User Roles Easily
- Force all custom posts types to use its own custom capabilities set instead of usage of one built on the base of the ‘post’, e.g. ‘edit_videos’ instead of ‘edit_posts’.
- Activate “Create” capability for posts/pages/custom post types. For example, without a ‘create_post’ capability user will be allowed just edit the existing posts.
- Users access restriction for editing selected posts and pages only, by post/page ID or/and author user ID (more info…);
- Users access restriction to Gravity Forms by forms ID list (more info…);